Forget about the Black Friday. If you still have a long list of things to buy, then the continuity of holiday shopping is a good news for you! By the time you are ready for a long holiday, you soon will also go crazy with all the deals. You shouldn’t have worry about that actually but unfortunately, the one who goes crazy is not only you. All people will shop for no other time!
Facts about the Holiday Shopping
This year, the Thanksgiving holiday fell on November 23. Thanksgiving Holiday Sales, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and the deals, discounts, promos and other things offered in Christmas Sales in the entire December will make it as the longest holiday shopping seasons ever.
Last year, according to Mental Floss, each person spent about $1121 on their shopping. But that number varies, of course, at least each person will spend $935 each year for shopping, and some people even add $500 more.
But not all of the purchases on the shopping are only for other people as gifts. It is true that last year the survey recorded that on average, shoppers bought about 14 gifts for the others, but more than 58% people will also buy products for themselves, with at least $140 at once. But furry friends also have to be counted! Those who have pets are predicted to spend at least $62 on average.
With many people spending their money on holiday shopping, the sales account up to 30 percent of a retailer/company’s sales in a whole year. This 2017, the holiday shopping sales are expected to hit more than $1 trillion only in the US, not to mention other countries! Between $95 and $100 billion of the sales will be online.
Online Deals, What’s the Advantage?
Guarantee that you also have surfed the internet to find many deals, here are the reasons why you should take the advantage of those online deals available:
- Ease of searching. Of course, you just have to type the keyword of the products you want to look for. You can even see the details of a product, with other past buyers’ reviews, and see the real photos of that product. Which one do you prefer, walk yourself to the stores or scrolling your phone screen?
- High-quality/trusted products. The official website of retailers will surely guarantee the quality of your soon-to-be products. But now there are marketplaces where other non-official sellers can also sell the product with the original guarantee.
- Variety of products/styles available. Say that you want to buy a new television, what kind of television do you want? It’s hard to decide it in offline stores, but so easy to compare the variety of the TV online. You can also compare them complete with the plus, minus, price, and many other considerations. Same case with other products!
- Availability of hard-to-find/unique products. Get your friends and family surprised with the unique gifts that are hard to find. From jewelry to custom household items, everything can be sent in one click from every corner of the world.
- Variety of delivery options. You can decide which courier you prefer your location and payment convenience.
- Not only for you, but your office too. Other non-personal items such as management software, accounting set, software license, office furnishing, and others will also be sold. Tell your boss what you need, and he will be happy to make the purchase.
Smart Tips on Maximizing Your Advantage
Now you already know how to get the best online deals, but still, of course, you have a certain budget. To maximize it, make a list first about the things you are planning to buy. Prioritize the most needed item on the top and ask yourself many times, do you really need it?
Make a list long before the holiday shopping season comes, and do not forget to do research about its real price. Some sellers mark up the product’s price and sell it with big discounts to make it looks extra cheap, but actually, it is at its real price.
How to Stay Safe in Getting the Online Deals
Undoubtedly numerous people will be online in this holiday shopping seasons, and irresponsible parties will take the advantage of this happening to do inappropriate things. So, to stay safe in getting the online deals, there are some things you need to keep in mind.
First, your email address will receive countless promotion emails. If you are interested in one, make sure that it is not fake by hitching famous brands. Make sure not to click everything carelessly since phishing emails could lead you into dangerous links. As your precautions, just directly visit the original website from your browser.
Second, if possible use different passwords for every website/market place you log into. In case one of them put you in a trouble, the rest will not be the same. People tend to use one password for all websites and accounts that make it more vulnerable to cyber crime. Avoid this risk by using some trusted applications that can handle all of your accounts and passwords.
Third, do not use the debit card to purchase and pay online. Use the credit card instead to add more protection. Payment security needs hard maintenance and complicated system that most new websites do not take care of this issue. In case you purchase something via an untrusted website or it is hacked, you can just cancel your credit card anytime.